This 1965 GT Optioned Fastback has undergone our full nut and bolt rotisserie restoration. It is finished in period correct Vintage Burgundy (Dupont) with an all new Palomino interior featuring a Mota-Lita steering wheel. This is a striking Mustang that’s at its best in the sunshine or under lights when the metallic paint sparkles.
- There are no features available
Original 289 Windsor small block V8 engine fully rebuilt and designed to run on unleaded petrol. New pistons, hydraulic camshaft and double row timing chain. A fully rotating balance has also been completed. The cylinder head is a CNC Aluminum unit, with oversized inlet and exhaust valves. It has a four barrel manifold matched up to a Holley carburetor and a Procomp Electronic CDI ignition unit. Tri Y headers are connected to a new performance exhaust system.
Fully rebuilt 3 speed C4 automatic transmission.
Fully rebuilt original Ford 8" rear axle with a 2.7 ratio crown wheel and pinion.
New Ford power assisted front disc brakes with original sized rotors and 4 piston calipers. Rebuilt rear drum brakes with new wheel cylinders.
New front coils and new rear leaf springs. New Koni shockers all round along with a 1 1/8" front sway bar and an adjustable 3/4" rear sway bar for improved handling.
Wheel and Tyres
Period correct 15 x 7 Style Steel wheels front and rear fitted with white lettered BF Goodrich 225 x 60 x 15 radial tires.
Notable Additional Items
- Mirror right hand drive conversion incorporating an RRS rack and pinion power steering system.
- Hurricane air conditioning unit that replaces the original heater box and adds a modern high efficiency AC and heater/defroster.
- Enlarged oil pan.
- Mota-Lita steering wheel.
- Cross flow Aluminum radiator.
- GT Rally Pac with clock and tachometer.
- Fog lamp fitted front grill.
- Halogen head lights