This 1966 Mustang convertible is undergoing our full nut and bolt restoration process. It will be finished in Caspian Blue (Dupont) with a White GT stripe. The all new Palamino Trim is complimented with a Mota-Lita steering wheel. With all GT options fitted this is an outstanding Mustang.
- There are no features available
Original 289 Windsor small block V8 engine fully rebuilt and designed to run on unleaded petrol. New pistons, hydraulic camshaft and double row timing chain. A fully rotating balance has also been completed. The cylinder heads are CNC Aluminum units, with oversized inlet and exhaust valves. It has a four barrel manifold matched up to a Holley carburetor and a MSD Electronic
CDI ignition unit. Tri Y headers are connected to a new 2 1/4"performance exhaust system.
Fully rebuilt 3 speed C4 automatic transmission.
Fully rebuilt original Ford 8" rear axle with a 2.7 ratio crown wheel and pinion.
New Ford power assisted front disc brakes with original sized rotors and 4 piston calipers. Rebuilt rear drum brakes with new wheel cylinders.
New front coils and new rear leaf springs. New Koni shockers all round along with a 1 1/8 inch front sway bar and an adjustable 3/4 inch rear sway bar for improved handling.
Wheel and Tyres
Period correct 15 x 7 Style Steel wheels front and rear fitted with white lettered BF Goodrich 225 x 60 x 15 radial tyres.
Notable Additional Items
- Mirror right hand drive conversion incorporating an RRS rack and pinion power steering system.
- Hurricane air conditioning unit that replaces the original heater box and adds a modern high efficiency AC and heater/defroster.
- New white roof and new electric pump and cylinders.
- Mota-Lita steering wheel.
- Enlarged oil pan.
- Cross flow Aluminum radiator.
- GT Rally Pac with clock and tachometer.
- Fog lamp fitted front grill.
- Halogen head lights
- Tailpipes exit through rear valence